Wednesday 15 October 2014

Halloween Tutorial: Maleficent

Halloween Tutorial: Maleficent
Today I thought I would share with you a Halloween Makeup Tutorial. I am going to do a few of these in the weeks up to Halloween. I love dressing up for Halloween but most of the time I don't have anywhere to go but if you do have somewhere to go I have a few ideas to help you out. 
I thought I would do a Maleficent makeup inspired look as I wanted to do one when the film came out but I never got around to it so I thought Halloween would be a good excuse to do it. 

In the film Maleficent has golden tones on her eyelids and bright red lips. She also has heavily contoured cheekbones, I personally don't feel that comfortable with lots of contouring so I have only done a little bit but you can do as much as you'd like.


Halloween Tutorial: Maleficent


Halloween Tutorial: Maleficent

Halloween Tutorial: Maleficent
Face
For my foundation I used the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation, I really like this foundation as it is a light to medium coverage and it looks really flawless on the skin. I then used my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer to cover any blemishes and dark circles. This is my favourite concealer as it doesn't look cakey on my skin. I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder because if you are going to a Halloween party you want to make sure your makeup stays put and I find that this powder is brilliant at keeping your foundation and concealer in place. I then use the bronzer from my Milani Sunset Duo in Sunset Beach which I really like as it's not too dark so doesn't look too much on my skin. Lastly I used the ELF Baked Blush in Pinktastic as a little bit of highlighter. 

Halloween Tutorial: Maleficent
Eyes and Brows
For eyes I started with the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze as a base for my eyeshadow. I really like this eyeshadow as it looks really pretty by itself as well as a base for other eyeshadows. I then used my MUA Undress Me Too Palette which I rarely use as I prefer the Undressed palette however this has a lot more gold toned eyeshadows. I used a mixture of Devotion (shade 2) and Tranquil (shade 7) and patted it on top of On and On Bronze. I then used Dreamy (shade 6) in my crease and blended all the colours together. I then used Shy (shade 3) to highlight my browbone. Lastly I used a small amount of Devotion on a small brush to line my lower lashline. I then used my MUA Black Kohl Pencil to line my upper and lower waterline. I used the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara for the first time and I really like it so far. I thought I'd switch it up for my eyebrows, I usually use the Avon Glimmerstick in Dark Brown but I thought you may be bored of seeing it so I thought I'd share another brow product. I don't usually use powder on my brows but if I want a stronger brow look then I will reach for powder. I used the MUA Pro- Brow Kit, I use a mixture of both the colours to fill in my brows. 

Halloween Tutorial: Maleficent
Lips
Maleficent wears a bold red colour and for my look I chose to use the ELF Lipstick in Fearless. I love the ELF lipsticks are they are so affordable and the quality is amazing. They have a great shade range as well so there is something for everyone. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this post. What are you going as for Halloween?


Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis