Saturday 30 August 2014

FOTD: My First Face Of The Day


Today I am going to share with you my first FOTD (Face Of The Day). I am going to apologise for the pictures as I found it very difficult to take pictures of myself but hopefully over time and with practise I'll get better. I hope to make FOTDs more regular on my blog as they are a great way of showing what products look like on your skin as they can look different from when you swatch them. 

What I used: 
W7 Light Diffusing Concealer- Similar to the YSL Touche Eclat, I'm not a massive fan of this so far as it doesn't seem to do much in the way of brightening. 
ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder- This is something I bought on a whim and I've got to say I don't love it. Buying cosmetics online is very difficult because you can't actually see the products so it makes buying base products especially difficult. This powder is in the shade Ivory but sadly it is a bit too yellow for me. 
Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Flushed- Recently I have been really getting into cream blushes. I always used to stay clear of them because I thought that they were messy and difficult to blend. However I have been really enjoying this blush. The colour looks very bright in the pot but once you've blended it out it is a very pretty pink which looks very natural. 
Milani Glimmer Stripes in Pink Glimmer- I really enjoy using this as a highlighter on the top of my cheekbones. It is a really pretty highlighter with a pinky shimmer to it. If applied lightly it gives a lovely glow to the skin.
MUA Undressed Palette- This palette gets a lot of love from me as it is a gorgeous neutrals palette with some fantastic eyeshadows in it. To create the look I used Shade 3(matte light brown) all over my lids, I then used Shade 4 on top of it and lastly I used a bit of Shade 10 in the crease to add a bit of definition. 
MUA Eyeliner in Black- I used this pencil eyeliner to tightline my upper waterline and also to line my lower waterline. It's a basic kohl pencil but it is only £1 so it's probably one of the cheapest available. 
Rimmel Extra Super Lash: Lash Building Mascara and Maybelline The Great Lash- Yes I use 2 mascaras, one for my top lashes and one for my bottom lashes. The Rimmel one has a curved wand which I am not a massive fan of and I find it too awkward to apply it to my bottom lashes as I always end up smudging it. The Maybelline one has a much smaller wand which is ideal for my bottom lashes. 
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown (blogger fail: I forgot to photograph it)- I used to use this all the time but I realised that the colour was just not right for me. I usually use the Avon Glimmerstick in Dark Brown as I love the colour of it and I think the formula is better however I couldn't find it on this particular day so I had to use my Rimmel one. 
Rimmel Moisture Renew in Funtime Fuchsia- I really like the Moisture Renew Range from Rimmel and this is a gorgeous shade. 






I hope you guys enjoyed my first FOTD.


Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis