Wednesday 28 May 2014

May Glossybox


May Glossybox
Today I thought I would share with you what I got in my May Glossybox. This month Glossybox teamed up with Superdrug to celebrate their 50th anniversary. When the box arrived I was really looking forward to see what was inside. My overall impression of the box is that is ok, there are some things in this box which I'm really excited by and other bits which I'm not too bothered about. This month there seems to be a huge variation in what people got in their boxes. I have seen some products in other people's boxes which I would have much preferred to receive but the whole point of the service is that the products are a surprise and  you don't know what your getting. This month everyone got 5 full size products I believe and 2 samples which were the same for everyone. 

May Glossybox



The first product I was really excited to see because it has been on my wishlist for a very long time. I love BB creams and tinted moisturisers and this one is talked about a lot. I'd just never gotten around to buying it as I always forgot about it when I was shopping. I'm really glad I got this so I can try it out. It has come at the perfect time as well as we are getting into the warmer months when I want a lighter base.

Garnier BB Cream Original £9.99 (full size 50ml) 

The next thing that I was happy to see in my box was the Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara. I love trying new mascaras and I've never tried any of the Rimmel Scandaleyes mascaras before. The wand looks very interesting so I can't wait to give it a go. You also get a £2 off voucher for the Wake Me Up foundation which is my favourite. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara £6.99 


I was quite pleased to see this as well as I have been meaning to purchase one for ages. I don't really style my hair but I have seen a few videos showing how to do a bun with a doughnut ring and it looks relatively easy so I wanted to give it a go but I hadn't got around to buying a doughnut ring but now I have one I can try experimenting with it. 

Superdrug Large Doghnut Ring £3.999


I really like getting perfume samples as it is a good way to try out new scents without buying the whole bottle. I really like this one and I'm definitely planning on getting the full size bottle. 

Ghost Eclipse £33 (for 50ml)

Garnier have been realising quite a few products that I am interested in trying and this is one of them. I love trying new body lotions and this one has argan, macademia, almond and rose oil so it should be really hydrating. 

Garnier Oil Beauty £4.99 (for 250ml) 

Now are the 2 products that I wasn't that interested in. The first one is the Strawberries and Milkshake Lipgloss and although this smells really nice I just don't think that I'll ever use it. This seems like the sort of product that I would have bought when I was 12 or 13 not something I would get now. This is something that I may throw in my handbag to use but other than that I can't imagine getting much use out of it.

I Love Cosmetics Strawberries & Milkshake Shimmer & Shine Lipgloss £1.29
The last thing is the 2true caviar beads which I will never use as I am not a fan of this type of nail art as it is far too messy and time consuming for my liking. I would have preferred to have received a nail polish as at least then I would have used it.

2true Pro 3D Candy Nail Art

Overall I think I received some great items in my box that I can't wait to try the BB Cream and the mascara cover the cost of the box anyway so I am very happy to have them to try. I think I will renew my subscription as I love getting this box through my letterbox each month as it is such a good surprise in the middle of the month. 

What did you get in your Glossybox?

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis