Wednesday 26 June 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Review


Maybelline Fit Me Foundation
I got this foundation from Fragrance Direct as I had been wanting to try it for ages. I got the shade 110 Porcelain, which I have found to be an almost perfect colour match.

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation
Unfortunately this foundation does not have a pump, however if you buy it in Boots or Superdrug it does have a pump. I like foundations that have pumps as I find that it is easier and less messier to get the product out. 

This is what the Boots website says 'Flawless. Lets the real you come through. Beyond Matching: Fresh, Breathing, Natural Skin. SPF 18' 

I like foundation that is offers light coverage and I try to make sure that I get a foundation which has SPF in it. This has SPF 18 which is unusal as most foundations I own seem to only have SPF 15. 
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Swatch
Now onto my thoughts of the product, as you can see from the swatches this foundation is very watery and without a pump it means I end up wasting a lot of product as I often pour too much out. When I first tried it I used my Real Techniques Buffing Brush which is what I use for all my foundation but I found that when I used it for this foundation it seemed to take ages to blend and it looked streaky once it had blended. After a couple more tries of using it with the brush I wrote it off as a bad foundation and put it back into my collection. It wasn't until I bought a makeup sponge from H&M that I thought I would try it again. The sponge is a dupe for the Beauty Blender but it is a fraction of the price at £1.99. When I used the sponge I instantly noticed a difference in the foundation, it blended easier and it didn't look streaky on my face. In fact my foundation looked flawless and I loved the way it looked on my skin. My experience shows that the tools used to apply foundation can make all the difference, a brush that is good for one foundation may not be the best for another. 

Have you tried?

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis