Friday 5 April 2013

Real Techniques Starter Set Review

Real Techniques Starter Set
Real Techniques Starter Set
Ever since I got the Core Collection for Christmas I have been lusting after the Starter Set. I was lucky enough to get this for my birthday. I have been using these brushes for a little under a month now and I thought I would review them for you. I have to say that I prefer the Core Collection to this it’s not bad but in my opinion it isn’t as good as the Core Collection.  The starter set is designed for the eyes had has a purple handle whereas the Core Collection is designed for the face and has a gold handle.

Real Techniques Starter Set
There are 5 brushes in this set. The base shadow brush, deluxe crease brush, accent brush, pixel point eyeliner brush and brow brush.  Just like the Core Collection it comes with a handy case that can also be used as a stand.
Base shadow brush

Base shadow brush: I really like this brush; it picks up eyeshadow really well and it blends eyeshadow really well. I also like it because it is super soft.

Deluxe crease brush
Deluxe crease brush:  This is way too big to be a crease brush as it makes the eyeshadow go everywhere rather than just in your crease.  I have heard that people use this for concealer so I will give that a try to see if it works.

Accent brush
Accent brush:  This is great for applying shadow to the inner corners of the eye. It works really well at smudging colours together.

Pixel point eyeliner brush
Pixel point eyeliner brush: I find this brush very easy to use. It is   without being too flexible and I love to use this with my MUA gel eyeliner. The application of it has vastly improved because of this brush.

Brow brush
Brow brush:  The brow brush is great. It is angled which makes it perfect for applying powder to the eyebrow.This has changed the way I do my eyebrows as before I used a pencil but now I have a proper brush I have been using my MUA brow kit.

You can get from Boots(£21.99) but I recommend getting them from Amazon as it is only £17.59 and you can get free delivery.

Have you tried this? What other Real Techniques brushes would you recommend?

Prettylittlefashionista xxx
















6 comments:

  1. Actually they are on offer at the moment at Boots (3 for 2)! They are very good brushes, although the EcoTools Bamboo brushes are my favourite! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I forgot about the 3 for 2. I haven't tried EcoTools yet x

      Delete
  2. I just got my hands on these, i can't wait to try them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was deliberating weather to get this or not and now I think I will because I really just need brushes for my eyes

    ReplyDelete

AddThis