Monday 12 November 2012

Beauty Bloggers Tag

This tag was created by Sophia from Tattoedtealady and I thought I'd give it a go this tag is aimed at beauty bloggers in particular. Don't forget to check out Sophia's blog it is a great read her reviews are especially good.

Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
It was because I started beauty videos on YouTube and then when they started mentioning blogs and went and read them and I enjoyed reading them. With YouTube videos you sometimes have to set aside 10-15 minutes to watch them but you can spend about 5 minutes reading blogs which is better for me as I never seem to have much time. I started blogging earlier this year in April I am surprised by the response to my blog I know a lot of bloggers say this but I didn't expect people to read my blog especially when you look at some other bloggers who have been blogging for years.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
Like I said I discovered blogging because of YouTube so the blogs that I read first where from some of the 'bigger' bloggers.
Zoella
Sprinkle Of Glitter
Fluer De Force
Essiebutton

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product you bought and was it worth the hype?
It was either the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation or the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains. I think that the Kissable Balm Stains are slightly better than the Lip Butters although I didn't buy mine as I won it in a giveaway.

What are your favourite five things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
I love meeting new people this had been helped by Twitter. I've met quite a few people and I would class them as my friends even thou I've never met them. I talk to them regularly and it is really nice to be able to talk to people who have the same interests as you.
Linked to that is comments I love replying to comments and I will always set time aside to reply. I think it is important to reply to comments especially when people have asked you questions as you can build a relationship with your readers.
Discovering new products I have discovered so many new products through blogging that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise. Also if I want to buy a product I will check other bloggers reviews of it first to see if it is with buying.
Taking photos I know this sounds a bit silly but I really enjoy taking the photos for my blog. I have learnt so much about taking photos through blogging and I hope that my photo taking skills have improved.
I love thinking of posts to do I usually spend the weekend thinking of what posts to do during the week and I write a lot of them at the weekend as well as I don't always have the time to do it during the week.

What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?
I've learnt a lot about taking photos and what qualifies as a good or bad photo. I've also learnt that just because a product is hyped up does not always mean its going to be good.

Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?
I think I have when I started blogging I didn't know much about how to apply makeup. Through blogging I have found out about different ways to apply makeup and I have used this skills to make my makeup look better.

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
I'd say set up a Twitter account and take part in the #bbloggers chats each week. They are great fun you learn new things and you get to meet new people. Also take part in blog hops they are a great way to find new blogs and gain new followers.

Name your top five brands!
MUA
Rimmel
Revlon
L'Oreal
Collection

Recommend your top five favourite beauty products!
Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation one of the best drug store foundations I did a review of it here. MUA Undressed palette the perfect dupe of the Naked palette review here. Essie nail polishes the are the best nail polishes ever they last a long time and they have a great range of products. Revlon Kissable Balm Stains they are long lasted and really moisturising review here. LancĂ´me perfume La Vie Est Belle although I only have the sample size I know I'm going to get the full size it smells amazing and lasts all day.

Tag other beauty bloggers to do this tag!
I tag everyone anyone who wants to do this tag can leave me the link in the comments as I would love to read it.

Prettylittlefashionista xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis