Thursday 6 September 2012

♥ Ashley Benson – Inspired Hair & Make-up ♥


Hi! I'm Becki from Dreams WithButterflies  and I’m going to be doing a guest post for Kirsty, while she has a crazy first week at sixth form!  When I said to Kirsty that I would love to do a guest post for her, I knew I wanted to do a make-up look but I was unsure what to do! So I asked Kirsty for help and she sent me a picture of Ashley Benson, and I loved the look she was wearing as it was stylish but it is still very wearable and easy to do!
In this look Ashley has fresh and clear looking skin, contour, coral cheeks and lips as well as thick black liner on both her upper and lower lash line. If you’re not aware how I write my posts first I will explain how to create the look with photos then at the end I’ll put a list of products used, just in case you want to re-create the look! I also like to ask for feedback and ask a question at the end which you can comment to! So let’s get started!
Face
Using one pump of Bare Minerals – Prime Time, gently rub this all over your face, then leave it for a minute to let it absorb into your skin and set.







Then using MAC – Pro Longwear Concealer – NW15 I am covering any blemishes or problem areas. I then use Collection 2000 – Lasting Perfection Concealer to cover dark lines underneath my eyes.

MAC concealerCollection 2000 concealer
I normally have dry/normal but I prefer to set my foundation with a pressed powder like MAC – Blot Powder as it takes away any shine and helps set your foundation.
MAC pressed powder 2
I then used Benefit – Hoola Bronzer to contour my cheekbones, temples and jaw line. I then used a light dusting of the bronzer all over my skin, to give a light bronzed glow!?!
Benefir Hoola BronzerBenefir Hoola Bronzer 2
Then to get coral cheeks like Ashley I used one of my favourite blushes of all time Benefit – Coralista and swept it across my cheeks.
Benefit CoralistaBenefit Coralista 2
Eyes
Using my favourite eye primer Urban Decay - Eye Shadow Primer Potion, blend this across your lids and under your eyes. This will help keep any of your eye products on for a longer time and cover any dis-coloration and veins.
I am then using a light slightly shimmery eye shadow from Elf - 32 eye shadow palette to give a light wash of colour, as Ashley looks like she has a light colour on her lids but the main focus point is the heavy black liner.
ELF eyeshadow palette
For the eyeliner I am using Urban Decay – 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil -  Zero and following my lash line (from corner to corner). Then underneath my eye I am using the black eye shadow from my Elf - 32 eye shadow palette to line my lash line and I am also going to use it on my liner on my upper lash line.
I am then going to curl my eye lashes and using my Soap & Glory – Thick and Fast Mascara I am going to coat my lashes well with the mascara, so that they stand out
Soap and Glory mascaraUrban Decay eyeliner
Lips
Using a small brush (I am using the accent brush from Real Techniques) I am going to gradually build the colour up until I get it to how it want it. I am using a limited edition lipstick (sorry!) MAC – Watch Me Simmer and then using the same brush I am going to add a small amount of 17 – Ultimate Volume Lip gloss – Peach Melba to give a little bit of a shine and adds a bit of colour.
MAC watch me simmerLip gloss peach melba
Products Used –
eyelips
Face
Bare Minerals – Prime Time                                                                                        
Collection 2000 – Lasting Perfection Concealer – Fair 1
MAC – Pro Longwear Concealer – NW15
MAC – Studio Sculpt – NW15
MAC – Blot Powder – Medium
Benefit – Hoola Bronzer
Benefit – Coralista
Eyes
Urban Decay – Eye Shadow Primer Potion - Eden
Urban Decay – 24/7 Glide-on Eye Liner – Zero
Elf – 32 Eye shadow Palette – Natural
Soap & Glory – Thick and Fast Mascara
Rimmel – Eyebrow Pencil – Dark Brown
Lips
MAC – Lipstick – Watch Me Simmer
17 – Ultimate Volume Lip gloss – Peach Melba
Hair
First I washed my hair then dried it (Products Below), then I split my hair into sections and started curling my hair with my Instyler 3 in 1 Rotating Styling System, once I have curled all of my hair- using the comb the styling system came with I am brushing the curls out to create loose curls. I then simply gather it all at the top of my head and tie a hair bobble around - creating a high ponytail.
hairRotating Styling System,
I then spray hair spray to secure all of the curls, and it’s that simple!
Product List –
TRESemme – 24 hour Body Shampoo,
L’oreal Kids – Sweet Pear Tangle Tamer,
Demark – Tangle Tamer Hair Brush,
V05 – Plump It Up,
Wella – Silvikrin Hairspray
hair productscomb and hairspray
Hope you enjoyed! I enjoyed writing this for you! And I would love if you could come over to my blog and have a look at what I do best! (http://www.dreamswithbutterflies.blogspot.co.uk/)

Thanks for Reading! 

Becki

2 comments:

AddThis