Tuesday 21 August 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain In Victorian Review

I’m sure many of you have seen reviews of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stains but I noticed that there aren’t many reviews of the first lip stain which came out before them. They are pretty much the same except the kissable balm stain combines the stain and balm of the old ones. I have actually bought one of the kissable balm stains in the shade Cherish and will be doing a review of that shortly. But I thought I’d share my views on the old ones as I think that they are rather good and I’ve got high hopes for Cherish. I showed the lip stain in this haul here.
DSCN0595
.
So this is what it looks like one end is the stain and one end is the balm. The balm on mine is broken so I use a clear balm that I already owned instead. 
IMG_4035
This is the shade I got
T
IMG_4037
Swatch

Victorian On the lips
On the lips
As you can see the colour is not as dark as the packaging suggests but it still adds a nice colour to the lips. When you but the balm on it looks lovely and feels very moisturised. But once the balm effect has faded away the lips are left very the dry but once reapplied they are fine. I really like this product and I can’t wait to try the Kissable balms as they are said to be even better. I’ve noticed that a lot of other drugstore brands are bringing their own lipstains out. Rimmel has one very similar to this out and Collection  (formally Collection 2000) has bought out a lip stain. I couldn’t find a link to this particular shade on the Superdrug website but it is on the Revlon website. I do like this product but I would not spend £7.99 on it as I think you can get better stains with much more colour at cheaper prices. I do like the colour of this but the packaging is very misleading and if I’d been able to swatch it I might have got a different colour. I think these are worth picking up if you see them in Poundland or a store similar but don’t spend £7.99 on them I think the Kissable balm stains will be much better. They are currently on offer at the moment at Superdrug £5.99 instead of £7.99.

Prettylittlefashionista xxx

*I have not been sponsored to write this post I bought this with my own money and this is my own opinion*

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a cute colour but seems kind of 'dry' (?) on the swatch tho:(
    I think the kissable balms would be more moisturizing!
    I'm a new follower!:)
    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite dry on the lips without a balm on top and I agree the kissable balms are more moisturizing. I will be doing a review on them shortly :)

      Delete

AddThis